Are planning to play games with your friends, then you need to have good server which can allow all you and your friends to connect to one main server which will host the game and you all can enjoy gaming time. There are different types of server and each type of server will have different game mode and the number of players will also differ. The Minecraft server host is the best server for your gaming experience. Are you new to the technology world and unable to understand what is server and why it is used and etc.
Today let us learn about servers
- Basically server has two different meanings in IT world. One server which helps to share the network and the other is the programs which run on the server. These two servers are called by different name and they hardware server and software server.
- Hardware server is also known as host, it is a device which is connected to the system and where the few software servers run beside the operating system.
- Software server is a type of program which provides dedicated service to other program either through network or local.
- The server services work bases on the client server model. The client server model is a concept in which the task is divided among all the available computers and it allows users to use them at the same time.
Main server types
- Web server: The work of the web server is to process, hoard and carry websites to the customer. Examples are the web browsers and search engines where the browser search for the information in the web and provides the complete data. The communication between the server and the client is done via the hyper text transfer protocol. The data integrated in the HTML documents like images, written style and the draft are transmit in this way.
- File server: It take cares of the complete central storage data which is used by many clients through the network. The industries use this type of server so that the different teams can use the same file and work. One benefit of the file server is that even though the team uses any other version of file the file management has the ability to automatically set the version to the desire one and save the data in the central storage.
- Game server: These servers are used for online games where multiplayers are playing through one network.
- Mail server: This mail server is built-in by much different software where all the software’s work together to get the work done like sending emails, receiving emails, forwarding the emails and retrieving the emails.
- Database server: It is a system program; by using this program the system allows the other programs to access some of the database via network. Some of the examples of database software are Oracle, MYSQL and Database2 etc.
Basically one server will have one computer attached to it sometime one server can be used by many computers. Hope you have got enough information about servers.